REFORM stands for REstoring river FOR effective catchment Management. It’s a pretty cool effort and I’d recommend spending some time noodling around the site. www.reformrivers.eu
The publication ‘Final report on methods, models, tools to assess the hydromorphology of rivers’ can be viewed as a pdf here. It’s a little over 100 pages, but it’s worth the read as it focuses on monitoring standards and assessment procedures to characterize the consequences of river degradation and restoration. The report contains the following chapters:
- Overall Methodological Framework
- Stage I: Catchment-wide delineation and spatial characterization of the fluvial system
- Stage II: Assessment of temporal changes and current conditions
- Stage III: Assessment of scenario-based future trends
- Stage IV: River management
The report is chock full of good information, useful graphics, and literature. I particularly enjoyed this summary table in chapter 6.